3rd-5th GRADE IVY MOVIE NIGHT: Students have elected to watch Ralph Breaks the Internet on Friday, October 18th. Permission slips will be going home soon and are due back by October 11th. Doors open at 6:15pm and movie starts at 6:30pm.
DIRECTORY SPOT: One of the many benefits of joining the PTA is access to Directory Spot. Quickly access contact information for parents, students, staff and PTA members, plus the school calendar, all from your mobile device! Get the Directory Spot app in the App Store or Google Play today, or visit DirectorySpot.net. Questions or edits? Contact JulesMotschall (IvyHillDirectory@gmail.com).
- BOX TOPS DIGITAL
- No more clipping! No more sending Box Top$ to school. All you need is your phone.
- Download the ALL-NEW BoxTop$ App today (if you have an old version of the app, update or reinstall).
- Register & select Ivy Hill Elementary.
- Shop as you normally would, then scan your store receipts (within 14 days) to find participating products.
- The App will automatically credit our school’s Box Tops earnings online.
- You may submit any remaining clipped Box Tops you may have throughout this school year, as they are being phased out of production.
- Say hello to Shoparoo! Shop. Scan Receipts. Earn.
- Download the Shoparoo app today.
- Register & select Ivy Hill Elementary
- Select the grade level you want to support (there will be grade-level competitions starting in October.)
- Snap photos of your receipts and earn Roo points, which turn into donations for our school.
Scan your receipts into BOTH apps for double the earnings. Download both apps today in the App Store or Google Play. If you have questions, email Jules Motschall (IvyHillBoxTops@gmail.com).
REFLECTIONS COMMITTEE: Does your child enjoy art, music, and dance or have an interest in writing, producing films, and taking photos? Then they should join us and have fun unleashing their inner artist with PTA Reflections! This year’s theme, “Look Within”, calls for their own unique interpretation through the arts. Additional information regarding submission guidelines will follow in the coming weeks. Projects will be due Monday, October 28. For inspiration, visit the Reflections virtual art gallery and learn more about prizes and scholarships at PTA.org/Reflections/Awards.
PTA MEMBERSHIP: It is not too late to join the Ivy Hill PTA. Membership ($12) includes a membership card and 2 log-ons to the online school calendar and directory. The PTA supports and organizes many different activities throughout the school year, including Movie Night, Fun Fair, Field Day, Chess Club, and many, many more. To join, please complete this form and return it via backpack mail with your payment. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Vanburen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PTA MEETING: Save the date for our next meeting on Tuesday, November 5. We’re looking to bring in some guest speakers for future meetings. If you know of anyone or have any general questions about the PTA, contact our PTA Co-Presidents Caroleen Guiwargis (email@example.com) and Jennifer Sadowski (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NEXT SCHOOL BOARD MEETING: Thursday, October 17, 2019 @ 7:30 p.m., Thomas Middle School.