JUVENILE PROTECTION COMMITTEE: Red Ribbon Week is 1/24 – 1/27. The daily activities schedule is as follows:
BOX TOPS/SHOPAROO COMMITTEE: The lucky winners of the December Box Tops and Shoparoo raffle winners are: Daniel Van Buren (Zingg) winner of the Boxtops Laser Quest Gift Certificate, and Renna Johnson winner of the Shoparoo Chuck E Cheese Gift Certificate (Caudill). Don’t forget to submit your Box Tops and scan your receipts into Shoparoo until 1/27/17 to be entered into our next raffle! This month’s prizes for Box Tops will be three Berry Yo gift certificates. Two winners will be chosen for Shoparoo and will each receive a Half Price Books gift certificate. Good Luck!
REFLECTIONS COMMITTEE: Congratulations to these students whose Reflections projects advanced to the Northwest Cook Region. The Arlington Heights Council received 137 projects. While they couldn’t advance all the projects, the students did a wonderful job telling their stories and what is important to them. They should all be proud of their work! Projects selected to advance to the next level will be notified by Claudine Mele.
A Reflections Celebration will be held at Ivy Hill on January 31, 2017, from 7:00-8:00 p.m. ALL participants’ artwork will be set up around the commons, and light refreshments will be served. Each student will receive a Certificate of Participation from the Council. Artwork can be taken home after the reception. This reception is for all who submitted a project, not just the students who advanced.
Selected presenters will be notified by February 6th, 2017. Questions? Please email: email@example.com.
- A minimum of 3.0 out of a 4.0 unweighted grading scale is required.
- The graduating senior mus be enrolling in a college or university in education or education-related degree program, which requires certification from a State Board of Education.
- A transcript with a minimum of 7 semester high school grades must accompany the application. Online-scholarship-announcement.
YEARBOOK COMMITTEE: Get your pictures in the yearbook! The Yearbook Staff invites you to submit photos for the yearbook. If you’ve got great photos of school events, please submit them. Our photographers can’t be everywhere. Help us get as many photos as possible to create a terrific book everyone will want to have. We prefer small group photos and all the kids in the photo need to attend Ivy Hill.
Here is how you can submit photos online:
• Go to: https://images.memoryebooks.com/login
• If it does not automatically log you into the site, enter username: 406033618
• Browse to select the photo(s) you wish to upload.
• Enter information about the photo and provide contact information in case the staff needs additional information.
• Click “Save Details”.
I FIVES go to: Six Flags Read to Succeed Committee Cindy Stefani and Patti Krinninger; a very special thank you to 4th grade teacher Sara Born for attending January’s PTA meeting, and a belated, but very much appreciated, thank you to Edie Opitz and all the Ivy Hill students who participated in the Holiday Gift Shop choir to entertain all of our shoppers.
NEXT SCHOOL BOARD MEETING: Jan. 19, 2017 @ 7:30, Dryden Elementary School
Don’t forget to Ivy Hill Elementary PTA on Facebook!
Click HERE to visit Mr. Kaese’s Blog!