COMMUNITY AND FAMILY INVOLVEMENT: In celebration of Earth Day, join us in a week of collections and activities to raise awareness of environmental issues and encourage families to reduce, reuse and recycle! Below is an overview of our 2018 Earth Week activities for April 23 – 27th. Go Green in April with these Recycling Drives April 23 through 27. In the spirit of Earth Week, wear green or blue on Friday, April 27th.
- Bernie’s Book Drive: Donate your gently used children books – infants to 6th grade. Our goal is 1500 books which will be donated to at-risk children throughout the Chicagoland area.
- Reuse-A-Shoe Drive: Bring in your old shoes, tie or rubber band shoes together
- Bag for Bags Collection: Bring a bag filled with plastic bags & film packaging (over TP, paper towels…) and know you are making a difference in saving our Earth.
- *Be Cool & Walk to School” on Thursday, April 26th and get a cool hand stamp for participating. The following are the six starting points throughout the neighborhood for all students to meet with teachers & parents and walk to school:
- Douglas & Hintz – 8:30 start to Ivy Hill
- Camelot Park – 8:40 start to Ivy Hill
- Windsor & Valley – 8:45 start to Ivy Hill
- Pinetree & Valley – 8:45 start to Ivy Hill
- Ivy & Arlington Heights Road – 8:40 start to Ivy Hill
- Burke & Palatine Road 8:40 start to Ivy Hill
All students are welcome to participate. If you live on the other side of a busy road (Arlington Heights Road, Palatine, etc.) you can drop your child(ren) at the starting point closest to your home. Also, you can meet up with the Walking School Bus as it passes your house – you don’t have to start at the starting points. Let’s get active!
Please contact Michelle Derachowski email@example.com with questions or concerns.
Nicole Campbell (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
JUST MOVE IT! CHALLENGE: It’s time for the Just Move It! Challenge 2018! Run, Walk, or Volunteer! JUST MOVE IT! We need VOLUNTEERS to make this day successful. If you don’t want to run or walk, please consider volunteering. It’s a fun day! Volunteer sign up is ready at: Volunteer signup.Click here to register to run or walk! All registration, volunteering, and event details can be found at http://www.jmichallenge.org.
- When: Saturday April 21, 2018
- Where: South Middle School
- 7:30 – 10:00 a.m. Health and Fitness Expo
- 8:00 a.m. 5K Run/Walk Start
- 9:00 a.m. 1 Mile Run/Walk Start
The school with the most participation gets to showcase the JMI trophy for the next year! Participation includes runners, walkers AND volunteers! Contact your school representative, Katie Rausch, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or suggestions.
*All proceeds go to the Scholarship and Grant Fund, benefiting the education of School District 25 students through the ABC/25 Foundation Grant selection.
Co-3rd Vice President – Kelly Nix (Incumbent)
IVY HILL SENIOR WALK: An Ivy Hill “Senior Walk” is being planned wherein Buffalo Grove graduating seniors, who are alumni of Ivy Hill, will walk the halls of Ivy Hill in their cap and gown. The Senior Walk is scheduled to take place on May 23, 2018, at 3:15 p.m. with a short reception to follow.
I-FIVES go to: Cultural Arts Committee, Rekha Muruvinakombe; Running Club Committee, Laura Vavalle, Tammi Grippo, and April Zaimi.
NEXT PTA MEETING: NEW DATE!!! May 15, 2018 @ 7:00 p.m.
NEXT SCHOOL BOARD MEETING: April 26, 2018 @ 7:30 p.m., Windsor Elementary School.
Don’t forget to Ivy Hill Elementary PTA on Facebook!
Check out our interactive links online at ivyhillpta.org.